Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Errors & Holy Indifference

There is a virtue in the spiritual life called "holy indifference."

It is the ability to allow things to unfold without getting flustered by disappointments or unexpected happenings. One of the areas where I need "holy indifference" is in the internet.

I have tried to change notices on this blog but the web browser refuses to let me in. I feel fortunate that I have been able to type this post.

The message I keep getting is as clear as mud to me: Error: possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file. The compile time user.agent value (ie9) does not match the runtime user.agent value (ie8). Expect more errors.

If by some chance I do not have new posts or cannot update the mass schedule for awhile, know that I am still trying to figure out why the ie9 does not match the ie8.

In our ever-expanding universe, with its countless problems, my inability to connect and update is minor, very minor. But it does give me reason to practice "holy indifference."

It is hard for most of us to say, "Your will be done" and mean it. It is my impression that Jesus had to work himself up to it during his agony in the garden. I shouldn't be surprised if I find it difficult too.

No comments:

Post a Comment